Thursday, January 15, 2009

Fullfilling a dream

While I have loved being a doula, and likely will not stop serving couples in that capacity anytime soon, I am so excited to announce that I have turned in my application to become a certified practicing midwife. My first module or course will be early April in San Antonio Texas. I have found a midwife willing to be my preceptor and now I am apprencticing with her. I got to go to my first birth with her yesterday the 14th of January. I was reminded why I have chosen to persue my dream of being a midwife. Birth is amazing. It is a miracle at the very least and I am honored to be learning and working toward this dream.
For my families that I have served as a doula, I thank you for allowing me to support you. All of my experiences have helped make this dream a reality.
I love you all.

No comments: